The present Cartier Limited Warranty applies to watches sold or presented for warranty service in the United States of America and Canada only.
Your Cartier watch is warranted against any manufacturing defect for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase (the “Guarantee Period”) subject to the following conditions. If your watch is returned during the Guarantee Period, any component found by our technical services to be defective as a result of a manufacturing defect will be, at Cartier’s sole discretion, repaired or replaced free of charge. Upon expiration of the Guarantee Period, any services or repairs will be subject to a service charge.
Your Cartier Limited Warranty does not cover, notably:
- Defects and damages resulting from misuse or negligence, or from accident,
- Defects and damages caused by improper use (knocks, dents, crushing to the case, crystal, bracelet or strap, etc.), alterations, tampering, dismantling or unauthorized modifications or repairs, as well as services, works and repairs performed by anyone other than a Cartier Boutique, a Cartier Authorized Retailer or a Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Center, or caused by the use of components and/or accessories other than those recommended by Cartier;
- Watches where the serial number originally imprinted on the watch case is removed or not clearly legible, or where any part of the original watch back or any original number has been removed, changed, altered, replaced, erased or defaced;
- Routine maintenance and cleaning, as well as the consequences of the normal wear and tear and ageing of the watch.
- Any defects resulting from the contact with water, if your water-resistant watch did not undergo the water-resistance tests required by Cartier each time the case was opened for any reason (including, for instance, replacement of a battery), or if your watch is not water-resistant.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS CARTIER LIMITED WARRANTY IS A LIMITED WARRANTY AND SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES. NEITHER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY NOR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL EXTEND BEYOND THE PERIOD OF TWENTY FOUR MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. FOR A PERIOD OF TWENTY FOUR MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE, CARTIER WILL, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, REPAIR OR REPLACE ANY COMPONENT FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE AS A RESULT OF A MANUFACTURING DEFECT FREE OF CHARGE UNDER THIS CARTIER LIMITED WARRANTY. THIS WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. CARTIER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, BY VIRTUE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE YOUR WATCH, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR WATCH.
Cartier does not authorize any Cartier Boutique, Cartier Authorized Retailer or any other third party to make any warranties beyond this Limited Warranty, or to otherwise assume for Cartier any obligations or liability in connection with the sale of its products. Some states, provinces or territories do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
A warranty claim may be sent to the Richemont Technical Center or Richemont Canada, Inc. at the following addresses:
Richemont Technical Center
15100 Trinity Blvd, Suite 300
Fort Worth TX 76155
Richemont Canada, Inc.
4610 Eastgate Parkway, Unit 1
Mississauga Ontario L4W 3W6
IN ORDER TO BENEFIT FROM THIS CARTIER LIMITED WARRANTY, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT TO ANY CARTIER BOUTIQUE, CARTIER AUTHORIZED RETAILER OR CARTIER AUTHORIZED AFTER-SALES SERVICE CENTER, THE CARTIER GUARANTEE CERTIFICATE SITUATED AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS BOOKLET, DULY COMPLETED, DATED, STAMPED AND SIGNED BY A CARTIER BOUTIQUE OR A CARTIER AUTHORIZED RETAILER. PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO RETAIN THIS CERTIFICATE. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THESE CONDITIONS VOIDS ALL WARRANTY RIGHTS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORTATION COSTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO POSTAGE, INSURANCE AND PACKING MATERIALS. WE RECOMMEND THAT ANY SHIPMENT TO US INCLUDE CERTIFIED DELIVERY AND INSURANCE.
ONLY CARTIER BOUTIQUES, CARTIER AUTHORIZED retailers AND Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Centers ARE ENTITLED TO PROVIDE WARRANTY SERVICE AS DEFINED HEREIN. FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A COMPLETE LIST OF CARTIER BOUTIQUES, CARTIER AUTHORIZED RETAILERS and Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Centers, PLEASE CONSULT THE CARTIER WEBSITE AT WWW.CARTIER.COM, OR ASK THE CARTIER BOUTIQUE OR CARTIER AUTHORIZED RETAILER INDiCATED ON the GUARANTEE CERTIFICATE OR IN YOUR SALES DOCUMENTS.
THIS CARTIER LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS UNDER THE APPLICABLE UNITED STATES OR CANADIAN LAWS. SUCH RIGHTS MAY VARY FROM ONE sTATE, PROVINCE OR TERRITORY TO ANOTHER.